Sunday, March 10, 2013

MON+TAGE

 
New Orleans is a great city full of history.  Founded by the French, it is known for its architecture, creole cuisine and jazz music.  Anytime I’m in NOLA, I find the time to do a little antique shopping.   Magazine street, which is named for an ammunition magazine (warehouse), is one of the streets known for its shopping. 
One store I came across, ann koerner antiques, had a fabulous mix of Swedish and French furniture.  She had a wonderful inventory of seating; I loved the juxtaposition of the antique pieces mixed with modern fabrics.  I was drawn to the emerald green velvets and the grey and white stripes.  A pop of turquoise in a pillow resides on a wingback upholstered in a plain linen.  The chrome x base chairs were an interesting surprise found in the back of the shotgun style store.  There were several things I would have loved to pack in my suitcase and drag on home, but alas it would have put quite the dent in my checkbook.  Next time you are in town be sure to take a stroll down Magazine Street…

No comments:

Post a Comment